What is a Representative of an Overseas Business Visa?
A Representative of an Overseas Business Visa is a visa granted to overseas businesses which are looking to expand their footprint to the UK. The visa allows a representative of the overseas business to enter the UK and set up an outpost. This visa was formerly known as a Sole Representative Visa, so if you are looking for Sole Representative guidance or sole rep visas, please continue reading.
Who can apply to be a Representative of an Overseas Business?
- Existing, overseas businesses with no existing presence in the UK;
- Overseas businesses looking to enter the UK Market;
- Traders looking to enter the UK as a new market, post-Brexit.
Get in touch
What are the rules for a Representative of an Overseas Business Visa?
There are a number of rules for the Representative of an Overseas Business Visa, which include:
- The Representative coming to the UK must be 18 or older.
- Representatives from certain countries must have first obtained a Tuberculosis certificate.
- The overseas business must be active and its principal office must be outside of the UK.
- The Representative must work full-time for the overseas business.
If you would like to have a full assessment of your representative’s circumstances, please speak with our Immigration lawyers today.
How long will you get leave for under the Representative of an Overseas Business Visa?
Leave is usually granted for 3 years and representatives can apply for an extension at the end of the period. After 5 years, the representative can apply for settlement.
How much do you charge?
Our legal fees for Representative of an Overseas Business Visas are £3,500.00, however please note that we do not charge any VAT on top of our legal fees. Disbursements are an additional cost – to receive a full quote detailing disbursements, please reach out to our Immigration lawyers today.
How do I get started?
• Contact us today to confirm in writing the full cost for the Overseas Business Representative Visa application.
• We’ll send you our client care letter and ask for monies on account.
• After we receive back the signed letter and monies on account, we’ll begin preparation of your application and schedule a time to take your instructions.